Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sweater Weather

(sweater, Bangkok / skorts, HerJetSet / bag, Bangkok / shoes, Vans / bracelets, Bangkok / tribal rings, triangle midi ring, Lovisa, crown midi ring, Claire's / necklace, Topshop
(photos by Harriet)

It seems a little ridiculous that Singapore could actually be sweater weather, but with a bit of tolerance for the heat, along with the occasional chilly day, sweaters can do wonders with your outfits. I like this sweater for so many reasons: it's lightweight, which means less gritted teeth when the weather starts getting hotter, it has comfy batwing sleeves, and sleeves are not full-length, which is great because I hate having to push my sleeves up and create bulky chunks of fabric along my arms. It's also got this interesting metallic sheen to it. I paired it with a pair of floral skorts and a tribal necklace I borrowed from the sister's collection, just for extra detail. All this effort just for a simple shopping trip to Bugis, I know. Anyway, the mother, sister, and I tried out Tai-Parfait, simply because it looked too good to resist (fish-shaped cakes stuffed with filling and topped with ice cream? I was sold) but I cannot say that I'll be back there again, for the high prices these sweet treats commandeer. Sadly, my strawberry dropped off after I took my photos because the ice cream melted way too fast (again, my priorities...) and the chocolate filling was way too much for one person to handle.

How have you all been? I just collected the bracelet I bought from Azensg at the Christmas Markets Flea sometime back in December, and I'm completely in love with it; it was money well spent indeed. And honestly this coming week doesn't look too good for me, what with two presentations coming up, but fingers crossed that I get through it successfully! 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment