Saturday, June 13, 2015

Luxe

(sweater, The Tinsel Rack / shorts, The Closet Lover / shoes, Topshop / purse, Michael Kors / watch, Nakedglory, arrow cuff, Claire's / gold medallion, Claire's, pink quartz necklace, Lovisa)
(photos by Siu Farn)

I decided to venture into the unchartered waters of burgundy - in the form of a cropped knit sweater. My thoughts? It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, considering I've avoided the colour for a long time, but I don't see myself dressing up more often in the colour in the near future. I paired burgundy with black, because black is a safe haven, and also because a pair of high-waisted floral chiffon shorts calls to me like how I imagine honey calls to bees. 

This sweater, though, calls to mind luxurious furs and gold jewellery (which I have managed to achieve by piling on necklaces and rings but no such luck on the furs), heeled pumps and midi skirts and a million other possibilities. If I lived in a colder climate, I would be sorely tempted to style this knit sweater with a cream or dark gold pleated midi skirt, and burgundy heels. It's a pity that Singapore weather is getting too hot for me to be pulling on this sweater again, but maybe some outfits are worth withstanding the heat for.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment