Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Nostalgic

(camisole, The Tinsel Rack / denim skirt, The Closet Lover / shoes, Vans / bag, UK)
(photos by Brianna/Joanna)

I had to help out at a photoshoot at D'Good Cafe for work, and this picturesque cafe was filled with all sorts of homely knick knacks and bric-a-brac, along with giant stuffed teddy bears that made me feel like a child all over again. Clad in a cute button-up denim skirt and sneakers (because there's really no better combination for denim skirts), I felt slightly nostalgic, even.

I say nostalgia also because denim skirts were a thing of my childhood. It was with an air of triumph that I left denim skirts behind with the vestiges of my childhood, because growing out of denim skirts became something like a symbol of growing up. But then denim skirts came back, and suddenly everyone was rushing to get one for themselves. I can't say I'm too surprised, honestly, because everything I wore when I was younger seems to be coming back in trend in droves. But hey, at least I just gave you an excuse not to throw away any of your old clothes, because you never know when they might come back in style.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment